Friday, October 25, 2013

Sleep, Child, Sleep!

My daughter has always been an amazing sleeper. She was born on September 7 and by September 30, she was sleeping through the night. I know, you hate me for that. Little did I know, that a month after her 2nd birthday, that would all change. She's terrified of her bed and room. She used to happily curl up with her blanket and stuffed animal and sleep until 9 or 10 on weekends. Now, when I put her to bed, she cries like I've just dumped her into a hot lava pit. Her heart pounds like crazy and huge, real tears roll down her cheeks. She grabs for me and screams nommy! nommy! She even fell out of her crib trying to escape and then didn't know what to do. I found her clutching her blanket and pacing the floor in front of her crib, crying like a scream queen in a horror movie.

She's no longer acting afraid, but doesn't want to be left alone in her room. I've tried a nightlight, flashlight, leaving the door open and nothing is really working. She wakes up between 3 and 430 every morning and jumps in her bed and cries. So every night, I get up, go to her bedroom door and say, "It's okay. Lay back down. Mommy's going to go to the bathroom and I'll be right back." She then lays down and goes back to sleep.

It just bugs me because I don't know WHY she is waking up. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Here she is in the morning after crying all night. She slept all the way to my mom's house.

1 comment:

Amy McMean said...

Oh man. That's crazy. Maybe you should tie narnia to her bed so that when she wakes up and sees her she'll know she's safe and maybe she wouldn't get so scared.

I did see Troy make the jump. I also jumped up and did my happy dance....right before they ruled the last minute touchdown as OUT!! Jerks. I listened to half the game on the radio at work and got home in time to see the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th. Thankfully.