Thursday, September 26, 2013

Writer's Workshop- Sh*t my kid says

Mama Kat's at it again! Hop on over here to participate.


1.) Happy Fall! The first day of Fall was September 22nd, share something fall related you did!
2.) Coffee Talk! Share your first pumpkin spice latte of the season with us. Bonus point: Pay it forward and buy a pumpkin spice latte for someone else.
3.) It happened at daycare.
4.) Something you learned about blogging from an unlikely source.
5.) Write a list of things your kids have said that that made you cringe.

My daughter is two and was slow to talk. In fact, she didn't really start to say anything regularly until she was 23 months old. Now she is counting to 14, calls some of the family pets by name, and told my mom to "Let go!" when they were in a tug of way over a piece of my mom's vertical blinds that Baby pulled down.

So pretty much everything she says is music to my ears, with a few exceptions.

1. She fell off the arm of my mom's couch and exclaimed, "Shit!" when she hit the floor. Bonus points for using it in its proper context.

2. She told her dad to shut up one day. He did kinda deserve it though.

3. I got angry at her dad and I raised my voice at him and my daughter immediately began to shriek at him as well. This one really made my heart drop, because I don't want her to be a yeller. I vowed then to really watch my volume when I get angry, so I've been doing better.

Speaking of my Baby, she recently turned 2, so I snapped a bed picture the day before her birthday. It amazes me how quickly the time has gone and how different she looks!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Kids say the darnedest things, don;t they?

Love the progression photos.

Stopping by from Mama Kat's!

KatBouska said...

They DO grow so fast! I love reading about all the little things they learn and pick up from us. This was too funny!

sj said...

HA! I love these things... I definitely see myself in my daughter's verbal exercises (tone, words, etc) so I feel that one, mama!